Banyule Council recognises that small businesses make a huge contribution to the local economy and to the vibrancy and energy of Banyule. Our grants pilot program provides financial assistance to help businesses lead innovation, invest in their businesses, build a vibrant precinct and contribute to a thriving sustainable business culture.
The key documents the Small Business Grant program relates to are the Economic Development Plan 2015 -2020, Council Plan 2017-2021 and Council’s Climate Action Policy.
Banyule Council welcomes proposals that:
- Create employment opportunities through start up, growth or expansion.
- Contribute to innovation and creativity.
- Contribute to a vibrant community.
- Provide long term benefits for the business and Banyule.
- Consider environmental sustainability.
Grants on offer
Banyule Council is offering:
- Small Business Grants of up to $5,000, and
- Business Energy Audit Grants, each valued at $1,000.
Applicants may apply for one or both of the grants on offer.
To learn more about the Small Business Grants and Business Energy Audits available, please read the following guidelines.
Monday 1 July 2019 from 9am
Friday 30 August 2019 at 11:59PM
September to October 2019
Notification to applicants
Business networking event
Wednesday 20 November 2019
Thursday 30 April 2020
To be eligible to receive a Small Business Grant or a Business Energy Audit Grant, applicants must:
- Own a business or propose to start up a small business within the Banyule municipal boundary.
- Hold a valid Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Employ 20 or fewer staff or maximum turnover of $2 million as per the Australian Tax Office and Australian Bureau of Statistics definitions of a small business.
- Have all appropriate insurances, licences and permits.
- Demonstrate intellectual property for your product and/ or service.
- Have a commercial lease agreement within Banyule with a minimum of one year remaining or operate a business from home within Banyule.
- Have not had a business initiative previously funded by Banyule Council, and
- Agree to participate in media opportunities relating to Banyule Council’s Business Grant Program and attend the business networking event as a guest at the conclusion of the program.