The Bundoora Industrial Estate is located on the north west side of the City of Banyule, off Grimshaw Street along the roads of The Concord, Mirra Court, Mirra Street and Clements Avenue, within the Grimshaw Ward. The estate is home to approximately 130 businesses, providing a number of jobs for local residents.
The Bundoora Industrial Estate Business Monitor was comprised of two parts:
- Business Audit: development of a database of the businesses in the Bundoora Industrial Estate.
- Business Survey: situation analysis of the businesses in the estate to learn of their priorities, issues and constraints.
Work commenced and was completed in November 2016. At the end of the survey period 26 responses were received from the Bundoora Industrial Estate.
Key survey findings for the Bundoora Industrial Estate include:
- The majority of businesses (76.9%) have been in operation for 10 or more years.
- A large proportion of businesses (46.1%) have been in operation for 10 or more years in the Bundoora Industrial Estate.
- The majority of businesses (65.4%) employ less than 10 people.
- No businesses employ 100 or more people.
- The majority of employees (51%) are employed in a full time capacity.
- The Manufacturing business classification represented the largest proportion of businesses (26.9%).
- 38.5% of businesses source the majority of their suppliers locally, in the northern suburbs of Melbourne and within Victoria.
- The majority of businesses (65.4%) are not thinking of relocating at any stage in the future.
- 80% of businesses plan to either increase or keep their workforce at the current employment level.
- 88.4% of businesses are expecting their financial position to remain the same or improve.
Document link to full report: