NORTH Link is a regional partnership of industry, education and government established in 1995.
As a business network and regional economic development advocacy group representing Melbourne’s northern region, the organisation covers the geographical are comprising the cities of Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Mitchell, Moreland, Whittlesea.
Its aims are to ensure that Melbourne’s north achieves sustainable GDP growth at least equal to that of the rest of Melbourne and Australia.
NORTH Link was established to provide:
- Sustainable regional economic growth and employment
- Regional advocacy for infrastructure and investment attraction
- Regional marketing and promotional materials and activities
- Regional economic and industry research
- Assistance to industry to improve business productivity and exporting capability
Melbourne’s north is characterised by a high degree of co-operation even between the many competing organisations and sectors.
Regional stakeholders appreciate that co-operation and association can provide increased for benefits for all. That the sum is greater than the individual parts. NORTH Link provides a forum for co-operation to take place and to identify and undertake mutually beneficial activities on behalf of regional stakeholders.
There are many examples and testaments to activities where the region has successfully supported other regional stakeholders and organisations, for example:
- the re-location of the Melbourne Wholesale Market to Epping
- the establishment of the AgriBio Sciences Centre at La Trobe
- the establishment of an Aviation Training Academy at Melbourne Airport
- the publication of regional research such as “Melbourne’s North; the new knowledge economy”
- presentation of “Export Expos” highlighting the export achievement of businesses in Melbourne’s north
- the presentation of the Northern Business Achievement Awards (NBAA) to recognise regional business excellence
- and others
To learn more about NORTH Link and how you can benefit visit melbournesnorth.com.au.
Melbourne’s North Joblink
Melbourne’s North Joblink is a partnership of Hume City Council, City of Darebin, City of Moreland, City of Whittlesea and NORTHLink.
The joblink portal allows employers to post job vacancies for free to access local people who are looking for their next opportunity to work within local businesses.
The Melbourne’s North Joblink does not require you to change your existing employment processes, it’s simply a way of aiding your job vacancy to be seen by local people.
Additional features on the site include trending career data and training, courses, events and other networking opportunities available in the region.
Register or sign in today at Melbourne’s North joblink