Banyule City Council invites Expressions of Interest from applicants to undertake the management and operation of a new social enterprise café intended to create targeted supported training and employment opportunities for residents of the 3081 postcode who identify as unemployed and experiencing barriers to employment. The café is part of the Community Precinct of a major new development located on the corner of Banksia Street and Oriel Road in Bellfield.
Council intends for the Bellfield Social Enterprise Café to provide a unique, welcoming and inclusive environment for the postcode 3081 community, with the desired outcomes:
- To develop a new social enterprise operating in 3081 that has the skills and capabilities to grow and become sustainable, maximising their social impact in Banyule.
- To create local job outcomes for residents of 3081 experiencing disadvantage.
- To build a stronger labour market ecosystem in 3081; where local community services and supports are integrated and enabling better outcomes for local jobseekers experiencing disadvantage.
Applicants will need to contact Council’s Social Enterprise Officer to request an Expression of Interest Brief and Application Form.
It is Council’s intention that this EOI process will identify suitably experienced community-centred applicants that have the expertise and capacity to provide the services sought. Council will then undertake a selection process and may invite shortlisted organisations to present their proposal to an assessment panel. The aim of the EOI process is to:
- Provide preliminary information to suitably qualified Applicants regarding a proposed lease agreement with Council to undertake the management and operation of the café facilities.
- Advise Applicants of the information required in their EOI.
- Invite ideas and innovations from applicants with regard to ensuring that Council and ratepayers get best value from the provision of these services.
Applicants will be assessed across three key criteria:
- Capacity and capability to undertake the services as specified
- Social, economic & environmental impact
- Accredited management systems and procedures covering quality, OH&S and environmental performance.
Applications open on 19 May 2021, and close on 16 June 2021.
Download the Expression of Interest Brief
To find out more and request an Application Form, contact Social Enterprise Officer Cat Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0466 937 924.