The impacts of COVID-19 on our economy and community have been significant. The situation is changing rapidly. Here are some resources that can support your business though this challenging time.
COVID-19 Website: coronavirus.vic.gov.au
COVID-19 Hotline (Business Victoria): 13 22 15
Stay up to date with key authorities and services
COVID – 19 – Department of Health and Human Services
JobKeeper Payment – Australian Tax Office
Workplace Safety – Worksafe Victoria
Workplace Entitlements – FairWork
Advice for Food Business – Department of Health
Consumer Rights and Guarantees – ACCC
Employment Assistance – Working for Victoria
Support your people
- Educate and keep your staff, customers and clients regularly updated about what steps your business is taking in dealing with the challenges
- Information in relation to COVID-19 to support retailers from Australian Retailers Association
- Display posters to promote good hygiene : Good Hygiene Is in Your Hands
- Support is available to you and your employees from Lifeline(13 11 14) and Beyond Blue (1300 22 4636 or online chat)
- Talk to your landlord about easing the financial burden of rent payments. Under the Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme your business has a number of support options.
- Get in contact with your bank or financial institution as soon as possible to discuss your situation. Here are the dedicated business hardship contact lines for the key Australian banks or speak directly in your relationship/account manager:
- In addition to dedicated hardship lines, most banks have now released details of the assistance packages to support the impact COVID-19 is having on business and personal finance. Check in with your financial institution.
- Stay up to date with State and Federal Government initiatives to provide assistance packages that your business may be eligible to apply for
- The Australian Tax Office have implemented a series of relief options and a support line 1800 806 218
- The Victorian Chamber of Commerce are waiving their membership fees. Membership offers online resources and information, a full suite of communications and access to member discounts and guides.
- CPA Australia have some useful resources for businesses
- The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s helpful breakdown for small businesses
- COVID – 19 Infection Control Training – Department Of Health
- Information for exporters- Austrade – Australian Trade and Investment Commission
Travel restrictions – Smartraveller – Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Postal disruptions – Australia Post
Support Local Businesses
Support your fellow traders and continue to purchase essential goods and services from local businesses who will also need your support