Sole trader Support Fund
Applications for the Sole trader Support Fund are now open. Through this program eligible sole traders who are impacted by the restrictions will receive a grant of $3000 that can be used towards supporting overheads.
Comprehensive guidelines and Frequently asked questions and the link to apply can be found here
Second Step of Victoria’s Roadmap for Reopening
As announced on Sunday 27 September and in line with the Second Step of Victoria’s Roadmap for Reopening, a number of industries have been able to reopen or increase capacity of operations from 11:59pm Sunday 27 September. These changes mean 127,000 Victorian can get back to work.
Full details of the changes can be found in this document issued by the Victorian Government
Some key changes Include:
- Curfew has been lifted
- Sole traders doing outside gardening and landscaping can return.
- Retail pet grooming can resume
- Outdoor personal training can commence
- Childcare centres can reopen (not permit required)
- Private property and display home inspections allowed
- Medical, health and allied professionals can offer face to face services for non-urgent care
- Dental clinics: recommencement of non-urgent services
- Vehicle maintenance and repairs I now permitted including logbook servicing.
For up-to-date information, visit www.vic.gov.au/roadmap
It is essential that any business open and operating have a COVIDsafe Plan in place. A free template is available to assist in developing one through Business Victoria – Creating a COVIDsafe Workplace