We welcome the Victorian Government’s Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package which will support the practical transition and expansion to outdoor dining for many cafes and restaurants in Banyule over the next several months.
As a priority, teams across Council are working through how to best support businesses in preparing to safely offer outdoor dining in accordance with public health directions, while also ensuring that staff and members of the public feel confident that their health and safety is being protected.
Options that may be available to businesses include:
- Footpath trading
- Expanded areas out the front of businesses
- Footpath trading expanded area
- Beyond direct shop front – in front of neighbouring shops with permission from neighbouring tenants
- Parklets (ad-hock)
- Using car parking areas in front of the business dependant on site appropriateness
- Parklets (organised area for a collective of businesses)
- Using extended car parking areas in front of businesses, laneways, car parks and other sites deemed appropriate.
More details about how to apply and guidelines for outdoor dining in Banyule will be communicated over the next two weeks.
Businesses interested in transitioning to or extending their outdoor dining service can register their interest by emailing email@example.com and providing the following details:
- Business name
- Contact name
- Contact phone
- Preferred outdoor dining option
Subscribe to the Banyule Business e-Newsletter for updates.