Ivanhoe Shopping Centre
Location of Centre:
Upper Heidelberg Road is the principal activity hub of the centre. The Ivanhoe catchment is bounded by Banksia street in the north, Waldemar Road, the railway line, Ashby Grove, Townsend Street, the northern edge of Chelsworth Park, the northern edge of Ivanhoe Public Golf Course, The Boulevard and Burke Road north in the east, the Yarra River in the south and Darebin Creek in the west.
- Classified as a major activity centre under Melbourne 2030
- Both Major Supermarkets
- Over 150 Retail shops
- Professional galore including realtors, lawyers, accountants, dentists, medical centre, pharmacies
- Fashion Precinct for the Inner North
- Wide variety of Cafes and Restaurants
- Key sites include the Ivanhoe Plaza, the Ivanhoe Library, The Centre Ivanhoe (formerly Heidelberg Town Hall), Ivanhoe Girls Grammar School, Waterdale Rd Pocket Park, Churches and an aged care centre.