Location of Centre:
Macleod Village Shopping Centre is a local neighbourhood activity centre located some 12 kilometres from the Melbourne CBD. The centre is located along Aberdeen Road Macleod adjacent to Macleod Park.
- A neighbourhood activity centre comprised of 42 businesses, predominately in the retail and professional services industries.
- Activity is predominantly located between Erskine Road and May Street – although the recent development of a 2 storey shop and office complex has intensified retail and commercial activities to the south of Erskine Road on what was previously a petrol station.
- A safe, secure and easily accessible meeting place for the Macleod community
- Macleod is highly accessible by foot, car or by public transport. The shopping centre enjoys a premium location of being located a short walk to the Macleod Railway Station (situated to the west of the centre). Train commuters provide a good customer base for the businesses in the centre.
- It enjoys a unique natural environment with its major feature being the Macleod Park, which provides an idyllic outlook for the shopping centre and a newly purpose built rotunda. The park also houses the Macleod Hall, Macleod Preschool Centre, a children’s playground and barbeque facilities. Beyond this area, further to the west are the Macleod Railway Station and YMCA Centre.
- The Macleod College, a combined primary and secondary school also forms part of the local centre catchment, and is the site of a major netball facility.