The Victorian Government has just announced COVIDSafe settings that will be relaxed from 6pm Friday 26 March.
We have listed the key changes below.
- Public gatherings: Up to 200 people
- Visitors at home – up to 100 people
- Face masks: Not required in retail settings
- On site workers – no longer capped
- Indoor physical recreation and community sport: A density quotient of 1 per 2sqm applies to each space. No caps on gym and exercise classes (other than limits imposed by density quotients at times when gyms are unstaffed, a density quotient of 1 per 4sqm applies
- Outdoor physical recreation and community sport: No cap on outdoor fitness classes
- Indoor non-seated venues (such as galleries) Up to 75 per cent total capacity with maximum patron cap of 1000 people per space
- Gaming/adult entertainment/nightclubs: Density quotient of 1 per 2 sqm
Workplaces will continue to require a COVIDsafe plan and will be required to use the Services Vic app or a government API-linked digital system for electronic QR code record keeping.